Welcome to the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Office of General Counsel website. The purpose of this site is to provide information about legal services available to Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, basic information on key legal topics, and links to system websites and other sources of legal and government information.
Our Mission: To provide excellent preventative and responsive legal services in support of the missions of the colleges, universities, and system.
Our Values: Ethics and integrity, judgment, knowledge, and respect.
- Sample College Memorandum of Understanding
- Sample University Memorandum of Understanding
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education: Sexual Assault Data Reporting Manual for 2016 Institutional Reports
Clinical Affiliation Agreements. MnSCU legal counsel has negotiated memorandum of agreement (MOA) templates for specific health care organizations. These can be found here.
- MnSCU System Office Records Retention Schedule
- Second Thursday: A Webinar Series. Links to these WebEx recordings are posted on the Webinars page.
The purpose of this site is to provide general information only, and nothing on this site should be construed as legal advice. The information provided on this site is not intended to alter or amend official MnSCU policy or procedure.
Links to other websites are provided as a courtesy. They are not intended to nor do they constitute an endorsement of the linked materials by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.